Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A soaping newbie... ♥

Hi everyone. I'm Janell, one of your blogging queens for our new CYA team...

I wanted to first introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me, and how I've ended up here, considering I'm pretty new to soap making. ♥ (I like to use hearts, you'll see them following me around online)

Last year when I joined etsy, I used to bump into Dennis in BnR treasuries, and on the forums. From there, I became good friends with his fiance Brandy who runs RiyzeDesignz on etsy and also helps Dennis behind the scenes with the soap shop. Everything since then is history, friendships made, bonds created, and encouragement to reach higher goals... all being inspired from the success of Dennis' soap shop.

I am primarily a jewelry maker on etsy, but I'd also dabbled around in MP soap making for gift baskets and things in the past. I love to do a variety of crafty things, and earlier this year, I took the plunge and opened up a second etsy shop, selling MP soaps. Only to find later, that I really didn't have enough time or energy to successfully run two etsy shops; so I took a break from soap making and started to focus on jewelry again, only to find that I really missed making soap! So here I am today, with a jewelry/soap combo shop on etsy, yet still very new to the world of soap making.

I know that I have a lot to learn about soap making and my goal as a team blogger is to learn from all of you, and share the knowledge! Many of you have been making soap for years, or perhaps just longer that I. So I'm going to start contacting some of you little by little, to do guest style blog posts on our team blog.

I would also like to put out an open invitation for any of you to get in touch, if you have a topic you'd like to do a blog post about, and I'll work with you on getting it published.

Otherwise, you can expect to get to know the silly side of me, who loves variety and all things crafty. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and I'm excited to see how open and friendly everyone has been so far.

Cheers to new friendships, growth and fun times ahead!

Janell

2 comments:

DreamersWeb said...

Wonderful to learn a little about you Janelle! :)

Dana said...

It is so very nice to get to know a little about you, Janell! Your hearts are sweet ... we know when you're around because of them.

Thanks for sharing about you!

-Dana