Friday, April 9, 2010

AND THE WINNERS ARE...




you can read the winning poem in this blog post!

Here is a little more about Urban Eden and her winning soap:

Now you know a little about my neighborhood! I really do have two beds in a community garden, and I really do love gardening. I made this hand soap for gardeners like me, with cornmeal to help scrub dirt from under fingernails and shea, mango and cocoa butters for extra emolliency.

This soap is naturally scented with spearmint, grapefruit, lavender and basil essential oils, with spearmint predominant.

Do you want to know how she got that leaf in there?!?

I made this soap using the cold process method over the course of several days. First I made a small batch of soap colored with green clay. After I unmolded it, I let it harden overnight, then cut it into leaf shapes. I then made a larger batch of soap, colored half of it green, poured it, let it harden a few minutes, poured the other half, then pressed the leaf cut-outs into the top of the soap. The next day I unmolded the soap and enscribed the leaf veins.

And the winner of the free bar of soap.....

You can click on the banner above to visit her wonderful blog!
And here are a couple of goodies from her shop!


7 comments:

Olive and Oud said...

Thank you so, so much! It is an honor because all of the soaps and Anhoki's candle were gorgeous.

Now I have to dart over to our giveaway winner's Etsy shop! --Laura

Beyond the Picket Fence said...

Thank you all for playing!!! Stay tuned for the next challenge....and we have something SUPER special planned also!!! It's going to be fun :)

Bliss Mistress said...

Congratulations both of you!

Unknown said...

Congrat Urban!!! Beautiful soap & a very good poem.

Shelley said...

Oh, thank you so much! How fun! I can't wait to see your lovely soap, urbaneden:)

CJ's Fine Designs said...

Congratulations Urban Eden!!!

Bubble Tub Soaps said...

Congrats Urban :o) what a beautiful soap!
Everyone's creations are gorgeous!